New 6.2L Raptor Whipple S/C...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
+1 to all the above. Supposedly someone said GotTorq has the order placed for the first one, but I know Jared (the owner of LP) well and Lethal Performance will have great deals on these and that will be the best place to purchase them. Not to mention, Lethal will hands down have the best customer service of ANY other distributor. I have probably spent close to $15k with Lethal and never once had a hiccup of any sort.

The hardest thing on most of the Whipple installs is accessing those pesky 6 nuts on the bottom of the blower that mounts it to the lower intake adapter. I've even did a back to back test from a KB 2.6 to Whip 3.4 and the IAT2s were about 40* cooler, with the same ambient temps (IAT1s), same boost, same spark on the same engine. Whipple's newest Gen2 rotor design helps quite on freeing up some of that power it takes to spin the twin screw. I like the appearance of the KB's billet case more, but Whipple is by far the better performing Twin Screw for late model applications IMHO. FFS

I don't like toasters on my engine.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes and no. They make a 04-08 kit but not 09/10 kit. Ford made a few chances to the 09/10 truck that require small modifications to truck and the kit but it works without problems.

Any idea how the kit would install since Ford made these changes?

And how much power would a blown 5.4L put out? I'm guessing 475HP

OP
OP
FordFanStan

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dan I think JDM already did one of these as well as someone else maybe. I can recall the changes that needed to be done to install the older model Whipple onto the newer Raptor. But as I recall the one JDM did is in Dubai and it never ran right and blew the engine up then they were doing something different? When it was running I think it made around 500 or a little over. I think I read that somewhere? FFS

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You can get your local Ford dealership to install it. It put out about 500hp to the wheels which is near the limit on these 3v motors.
Dan I think JDM already did one of these as well as someone else maybe. I can recall the changes that needed to be done to install the older model Whipple onto the newer Raptor. But as I recall the one JDM did is in Dubai and it never ran right and blew the engine up then they were doing something different? When it was running I think it made around 500 or a little over. I think I read that somewhere? FFS
The Dubai truck had a Saleen Blower. JDM and Hennessey have installed several of these kits. The MAF location on a 04-08 F-150 is different then a 09/10 F-150. The MAF has been moved about 3 in closer to the drivers side fender. Also for whatever reason Ford decided to make the lower section of the air box and the coolant over flow tank together.

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere else that whipple and svt or whipple and Ford racing were developing a kit. Is this the kit that will be sold through Ford Racing and installed by Ford dealers allowing the warranty to remain? i want this and will convince my wife the WE NEED THIS....

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i read somewhere else that whipple and svt or whipple and Ford racing were developing a kit. Is this the kit that will be sold through Ford Racing and installed by Ford dealers allowing the warranty to remain? i want this and will convince my wife the WE NEED THIS....

You are partly correct. Ford Racing and Whipple do have an agreement for Whipple to build superchargers and Ford Racing to sell them under the Ford Racing name. Yes it can be ordered through your dealers parts counter but some kits do void the warranty like the 5.4L F-150 kit. No matter who installs it your factory warranty is void. I'm fairly sure that the 6.2L kit will void the factory warranty as well.