Factory alarm going off randomly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had an ongoing issue as well with my 2012 with 37,000 miles. I tried the hood pin adjustment a little while ago and will see how it works out. I simply bent the bracket upward a little to ensure contact with the hood. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had an ongoing issue as well with my 2012 with 37,000 miles. I tried the hood pin adjustment a little while ago and will see how it works out. I simply bent the bracket upward a little to ensure contact with the hood. Thanks for the info!

Since I reajusted mine the alarm hasn't gone off once. . Good luck, it worked for me I hope it does for you!:happy107:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a heck of a time setting the thing off when the keys were in my pocket. Very frequently another key would hit the alarm if I bent over, stooped down, etc. Solved the problem with a key cover from <ss:value source="$page.title"/>. But evidently this is something else.

Temple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a heck of a time setting the thing off when the keys were in my pocket. Very frequently another key would hit the alarm if I bent over, stooped down, etc. Solved the problem with a key cover from <ss:value source="$page.title"/>. But evidently this is something else.

For the longest time, I believed that was the problem. Today, both sets of keys on the kitchen counter, it went off about five times inside of a 1 hour time span. That was enough. I unhooked the battery and then found this thread along with the one on the ecoboost forum rojo spoke of. All is well so far.

Thanks again rojo!

OP
OP
rojo212

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the longest time, I believed that was the problem. Today, both sets of keys on the kitchen counter, it went off about five times inside of a 1 hour time span. That was enough. I unhooked the battery and then found this thread along with the one on the ecoboost forum rojo spoke of. All is well so far.

Thanks again rojo!

I was curious, did that work for you after all?