Rear Seat Headrest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Indeed they just pop out, but with the height of them they won't clear the roof.

desert

Reaction score
rear headrests

Yes they won't clear the roof.

I'd like mine out, has anyone gotten thiers out ?

I don't want to saw them off. Too much work.

Does the seatback fold forward ?

turffking

Reaction score
I got mine out. When it hit the ceiling, I pulled toward me and reefed up. I don't think they will go back in, but I got them out without breaking anything.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Yes they won't clear the roof.

I'd like mine out, has anyone gotten thiers out ?

I don't want to saw them off. Too much work.

Does the seatback fold forward ?

I got mine out. When it hit the ceiling, I pulled toward me and reefed up. I don't think they will go back in, but I got them out without breaking anything.

Fold the lower seat cushion up part way. You will see the seat back tilt slightly forward. That's enough to get the headrests out easily. There are releases on the right side for both posts. Push one and pull up on that side to start it, then push the other side and pull up to remove it the rest of the way.

Last edited:

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I kinda know what he is talking about. There's one road here where mirrors, no matter where it's Positioned just don't help.

Just take the headrest off if no ones sitting there.

Ya theres roads like that all through denver almost been hit in my dish van more than few times havent been down that road in my raptor(no sense in me going to downtown in that part) but i see where it could be a pain

TexasRaptor

Reaction score
I have the 2011 Raptor Screw, visibility is 100% better removing the head rests. Took the rear headrests off by folding the rear seats all the way up. Gives you the vertical room to remove the two outer head rests. :peace:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 2011 Raptor Screw, visibility is 100% better removing the head rests. Took the rear headrests off by folding the rear seats all the way up. Gives you the vertical room to remove the two outer head rests. :peace:

Hell yeah. I removed mine and put them in a box in the garage. I only install them if people are going to be in the back.