Raptor Run 3 - It's ON like Donkey Kong - THIS WEEKEND (3/5-3/8/10)!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,

I tried to accommodate everyone and it's just not possible so a decision had to be made.

I checked the weather and the campground and it all looks as good as it's going to get.

Raptor Runs 3 & 4 in Anza-Borrego in March are ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! Here are the details:

1. Friday night - Sunday, March 5-7 (THIS WEEKEND!)2. Friday night - Sunday, March 26-28 (last weekend in the month)

Camping: Borrego Palm Canyon Campground near the Visitor Center (near the center of town, Borrego Springs). NOTE: The campground is "full" but they have a loop of sites that they don't sell through the reservation system - they are NOT taking reservations for that loop (sites 53 - 89; see map here: http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/638/fi...oDesertPDF.pdf ).

We called and that loop WILL be open this weekend. When you go there Friday night you'll check in at the gate or, if it's unmanned, then drive in and find an unoccupied site on the loop (farthest loop to the left after the entrance), note the number and go back to the front gate. Fill out the form on the little envelope, put your money ($25) or a check (there's a note who to make the check out to), drop the envelope in the drop chute and go back to your site. There should be no problem having two Raptors per site (it's a parking issue not a space for tents issue) so do double-up and share the cost with other Raptor owners.

Meeting: Saturday and Sunday morning at 9AM at my campsite (look for the big shaved head guy with the Tuxedo Black Raptor). We leave at 9:30 AM for the drives. The Sunday drives typically are not as long as the Saturday drives.

Notes:
1. If you're coming for the day and you're running late, call me on my cell and let me know. We will try to wait but if you're more than 30 minutes you'll need to call us and find us on the road/trail.

2. Please RSVP and let me know you're coming ASAP (for this weekend). I want to have an idea as to how many will be there each weekend. Please email me at danf91392 at yahoo dot com and feel free to post here (reply to this thread) if you're coming.

3. Bring firewood if you're camping so we can sit around the campfire, roast marshmallows, make s'mores and BS each other with stories. Adult beverages are encouraged but we need to be good neighbors - the campgrounds are all full as we get closer to spring and the desert flower season (lots of great flowers from all the rain we've had).

4. Any questions or concerns email or call me.

I hope we see you there! Please come and bring some other Raptors (other vehicles welcome only if you know the people that are coming!). Drive safely!

Below: Here's the layout of the front of Borrego Palm Canyon campground. The lower loop (bottom of this pic) is the one that will be available first-come, first-served. See instructions above for taking a campsite (double up! 2 Raptors per site to save cost).

attachment.php

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be a blast Dan! I unfortunately will be unable to make it. My grandmother passed away last week and her funeral is on Sunday.

Take lots of pics!

RallyBud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason - I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandmothers passing! RIP. I hope the family is doing as well as can be expected.

Dan - I'll look forward to reading these threads while I'm gone the rest of the year. I can't wait to get back and tell some lies around the fire while sharing some cocktails. And...beating on the Raptor a bit!!

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should be a blast Dan! I unfortunately will be unable to make it. My grandmother passed away last week and her funeral is on Sunday.

Take lots of pics!

My condolences to you and your family Jason. And I'm sorry you won't be able to join us. But there will be other trips soon! See you later this month.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's who I have noted as coming to Raptor Run 4 in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park this weekend:

1. Dan (Sat & Sun)
  2. Tim (Sat & Sun)
  3. Mark (Fri/Sat)
  4. Brian (Sat)
  5. Rob (Sat night for Sunday)
  6. Justin S (Sat)
  7. Jeffrey (Sat)

Jason ?

Perhaps we'll still have one or two more. I haven't heard from Dave (Tuxedo Black Raptor from SoCal).

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most have already left for A-B, but you all be safe and have a good trip. Please post lots of pictures. Cant wait for the end of the month.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Uh-oh

A pic from Raptor Run 3...

DSCN1321.jpg

This is what happens when you don't pay attention to the warning signs! :D

(The Raptor in this pic... after "purposely" getting stuck in 2WD... pulled itself out effortlessly in 4WD... no digging, no pushing, no towing. The holes were filled in and we went on our way.)