My wicked ua installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like you have the same problem I have and that the bumper needs some shimming so that the lines match up (corners near flares on both of ours it looks like). I hope to have some shims this week, but the bolts shipped with the bumper won't be long enough so I'm going to pick some of those up today. Can't wait for this puppy to be finished!!!

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't recall birdman having any issues with his. Is this just variances between trucks or is it manufacturing variances with the bumper? Is the fix as easy as adding some shims?

I'm really wanting this bumper but want to make sure it's going to install properly.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In birdman's video, Wicked sent shims to use with his bumper if needed. I don't recall if he needed them or not. One of my bumper mounts was bent from my fender bender and that's probably the reason I need to shim it. But, with custom fabrication each bumper may be slightly different.

I didn't get shims with my order, but I emailed Wicked and they are sending me some along with some other parts that were delayed.

WickedPerformanceShop

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shims will fix both of those problems. By adding the shims at the top of the mounting brackets it will bring the middle down and the ends up. We have specially made shims for the bumpers that fit around the mounts so that the integrity of the bumper is not effected. All of the bumpers are made in 2 jigs and they will fit in either jig. Phyguy your stuff is on its way.

OP
OP
ARRAPTOR

ARRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about mine? i didn't get any shims either. if you or joe will look back i mentioned this earlier.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

FarFromStock, my opinion is that this is a well made and engineered bumper. i think you can't go wrong with this bumper Tim is busy but very responsive to his customers needs. i had some bad luck with the shipping, the bag of installation hardware came unzipped and i only got about $2 worth of it. i called and they next day aired me a hole new bag of nuts and bolts! i'm inpressed and i have alot of experience fitting, that was my job for over thirty years.

Last edited: