GooseTuned Gen 3 - Baseline Dyno Runs vs Gen 2 Baseline!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zachery55

Reaction score
Yes, the intercooler upgrade makes a difference whether it’s behind the grill or larger intercooler in stock location. If you’re planning on tuning your truck, the intercooler upgrade is necessary.
That’s for sure I will be doing it. My question is if it’s worth relocating or not. If there was a huge difference between the locations. I plan on upgrading either way. Currently I plan to upgrade factory location unless someone can persuade me on the relocation being that much better lol

zachery55

Reaction score
I wouldn't say HUUUUGE difference, but there is. Any intercooler is a HUUUUGE difference over stock though
Agreed for sure I will 100% be doing the Cobb Intercooler but just wasn’t sure if was worth the extra effort and sacrifices to do the relocation or not. Especially if I don’t change my bumper, etc.
speaking of Cobb am I tripping or did Cobb never have a basic black scoop for the CAI? I can only find the redline and as nice as that is I just want black. I can source the rest in black but not that one piece lol. Just feel like I’m taking crazy pills because maybe it never existed

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool!

I think they only have redline. You can use stock, just use their scoop bracket.

100% have to use the scoop bracket. My gen 2 scoop flipped in on itself under hard acceleration a couple times, check engine light and limp mode. Couldn't figure out what the hell it was til after the second time when it sucked itself inside out and stayed stuck LOL.

Raptor513

Reaction score
100% have to use the scoop bracket. My gen 2 scoop flipped in on itself under hard acceleration a couple times, check engine light and limp mode. Couldn't figure out what the hell it was til after the second time when it sucked itself inside out and stayed stuck LOL.
AFE Makes one for $80, and they are in colors.