GEN 2 Easy Access to Front Turn Signal Wires??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usnmustanger

Reaction score
What are you hooking up to the turn signals?
Okay, so trying to get back on track from the threadjack... I've got a foglight kit that has an integrated turn signal, need to tap into the turn signal wire on the factory harness. It's that simple. So if anyone knows how to tap into the turn signal power wire on each side (and even tell me which wire it is), I'd greatly appreciate it!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Okay, so trying to get back on track from the threadjack... I've got a foglight kit that has an integrated turn signal, need to tap into the turn signal wire on the factory harness. It's that simple. So if anyone knows how to tap into the turn signal power wire on each side (and even tell me which wire it is), I'd greatly appreciate it!

Taping into wires is not recommended. Good way to fry computers or mess up systems. You can call SPV to see if they have a harness but I think anything to do with the headlight module and you are asking for future problems.

usnmustanger

Reaction score
Taping into wires is not recommended. Good way to fry computers or mess up systems. You can call SPV to see if they have a harness but I think anything to do with the headlight module and you are asking for future problems.
But isn't that essentially what the SPV harnesses are doing? i.e. tapping into the existing circuit, albeit at the connectors, vice wire tap/splice? As long as it's a quality splice (plan to use Posi-Tap's, which are well reviewed here and elsewhere), the current draw will be the same. Trust me, I know better than to use vampire taps...

There are many aftermarket foglight kits out there with turn-signal functionality, so how are folks doing that? Serious question.

I did reach out to SPV, unfortunately, they don't have a harness with a turn signal tap... ☹️

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I don't know anyone using turn signals in fog lights. Constant backlighting is different. And again, any tap or harness into the headlight housing will cause problems.