Cutout / aftermarket exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, so i want an exhaust cutout and I'd also like to upgrade the exhaust system (Especially after watching the Stainless Works video...WOW). Do you normally not put a cutout on an aftermarket exhaust system? OR have any of you put a a cutout on an aftermarket exhaust, or are all the cutouts on the just the stock exhaust?

I know i can do whatever i want, but does it make sense? I also realize the cutout doesn't add anything but a kick ass sound (and about 1000hp/1500ft tq to the wheels increase :ROFLJest:).

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure it could be done, wouldn't be as much of a difference sound wise I wouldnt think.

-Sent from my iPhone

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could definitely be done. There just wouldn't be a huge difference in sound. But there would still be some difference

OP
OP
vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right, that's what I'm thinking to...the sound difference just wouldn't be that different.

So i take it that anyone that has a cutout has the stock exhaust...

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only way you will have a HUGE sound increase between stock with a cutout and aftermarket exhaust with a cutout, is if you got headers. I know headers add a considerable amount of sound.

I've had my cutout since April of last year and it's ******* sick. Gets ******* wet.

The reason most people get cutouts is because of the option to have them either on of off and not worry about cabin noise. I know while it's open I can't have a full conversation with anyone without raising my voice a good amount. Especially while on the highway going 70-80.