Correct torque for wheel lug nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had one of these 33:1 torque multipliers for years in my XLT. I think I will need it even more in the Raptor. It ain't Snap-on, but on the other hand it's only 25 bucks <G>.

http://tinyurl.com/38mvj5g

View attachment 433

Seems to me that'd be a nice-to-have but not a must-have as I can't imagine it's that hard to break the lug nuts loose with a decent lever (like the Gorilla product). However, if it's only 25 bucks then that's a horse of a different color.

Where's that for sale online?

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just follow the Tiny URL link Dan, it will take you right to the Harbor Freight page for the tool. It comes in a nice zipper bag, I toss it under the seat and forget about it. Until someone can't break a lug nut loose... then it is a life-saver.

View attachment 434

Falcon

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like you could use it wind up the rubber band they put inside the "engine compartment" of the Toyota Priuses :mrgreen:

I know they got hamsters, guinea pigs or gerbils inside the Kia Soul - hell, I've seen that on TV! :mrgreen:

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you could use it wind up the rubber band they put inside the "engine compartment" of the Toyota Priuses :mrgreen:

I know they got hamsters, guinea pigs or gerbils inside the Kia Soul - hell, I've seen that on TV! :mrgreen:

LOL... with 33:1 torque multiplication I am afraid you would tweak your hamster. :mrgreen: