AutotecPro 14.4" Screen - Install and Tech Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rey L

Reaction score
So I've been using a Yulu E10 Plus the last two years. Just purchased the autotec unit and will be delivered on Tuesday. Over the weekend I read a thread elsewhere that has me concern about the purchase. A few people had their screens die more than once. Also complaints about static sound and other quirks I don't have with the Yulu. Is it truly an upgrade or should I just return it and not bother to try it out? It would run through a dsp, then to my aftermarket amp. Longevity seems to be a problem within the first year which scares me.

Rey L

Reaction score
What where you gaining coming from the Yulu E10 to the Autotech?
The main thing I see will be an upgrade is the screen itself. Also the fact that it'll use the factory mic. I do think the yulu probably integrates smoother with sync than the autotec, but I'm going off comments I've read.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only had mine a month, so can’t speak to longevity but I have also read forum after forum and many people have had these for a while. This F150 forum has pretty active group with AutoTec units going back 15 months: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/autotec-14-4-t-style-screen-537523/

I felt like the SYNC integration was very good - I consider myself picky with these things too.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did sort some of the audio quality issues. I noticed iHeart sounded a lot different than Spotify. Discovered Spotify has a built in EQ and I was able to adjust out some of the treble causing “tinny-ness” that sounded like compression of the audio signal.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got stuck in some really crap weather yesterday in the middle of KS. Very grateful I had this unit for watching the weather with the SIM data link. Kept me from driving right into a bunch of hail and high winds (maybe tornado):

Attachments

• 6FFABAFF-8EE8-4DC2-9648-9C8F7E67D093.jpeg
    6FFABAFF-8EE8-4DC2-9648-9C8F7E67D093.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 7

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've been using a Yulu E10 Plus the last two years. Just purchased the autotec unit and will be delivered on Tuesday. Over the weekend I read a thread elsewhere that has me concern about the purchase. A few people had their screens die more than once. Also complaints about static sound and other quirks I don't have with the Yulu. Is it truly an upgrade or should I just return it and not bother to try it out? It would run through a dsp, then to my aftermarket amp. Longevity seems to be a problem within the first year which scares me.
If you're running through a DSP, you should not have any "audio" issues through the head unit as you're only providing a signal (to the DSP)...all your processing should be done by the DSP and the head unit flatlined. My AT's signal runs to the PAC via OEM wiring, then by TOSlink (fiber optic) to the DSP - no issues in sound. Now I will say, when in CARPlay/AA, all the compression is done by the app you are using - or - if you're running the AT, either by Hotspot or wifi (I have mine installed with a SIM card), again, the app is always compressing, so each will sound differently.