Alternative Ordering from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't waste you time when it first comes out, that's when the price is no object buyers will gobble them up. Unless Ford cranks them out like Focus's. I know it's a long wait, but I'd wait for the 2018 or later in the 2017 cycle. Who knows they might even have a V8 option in 2018 MY. IMO.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford does not honor xplan on Svt vehicles ,but there is no Svt now . It's at the dealers discretion to honor the xplan pricing on these . I believe its 300 over invoice . They still make money because of the holdback , which is a percentage of the invoice . Prob around 1500 give or take . Fyi

mootang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Austin dealers were garbage! I ended up getting mine through Hoffpauir ford in Lampassas, tx. they are an hour north of austin and they were great to deal with. No nonsense. No flashy 20 year olds in cheap suits trying to make a commission. Just straight shooting older gentlemen in Jeans, collared shirts and probably cowboy boots. Talk to Dave. I ordered mine through them at the end of the production run. MSRP pricing, no hassling, and a fair trade value.

Jag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Manufactures exclude 'special' vehicles from those plans. With Ford they exclude special addition Mustangs (GT350...) and they did Raptors. Chrysler group excludes things like the Hellcat. GM excludes Vettes and last I looked, Volts. Multiple reasons for this, one being they wish to keep the volumes at a certain level. If they opened it up for Raptors they would lose some of their exclusivity.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford does not honor xplan on Svt vehicles ,but there is no Svt now . It's at the dealers discretion to honor the xplan pricing on these . I believe its 300 over invoice . They still make money because of the holdback , which is a percentage of the invoice . Prob around 1500 give or take . Fyi

percentage of the msrp, if im not mistaken. ford is around 3% holdback, so yeah, about $1500 on a 50k truck.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any manufacturer that sells directly.

Tesla only sells directly to customers. That's why they can't sell in many states, where the dealerships lobby (give lots of money) to politicians to keep Tesla out. They know they are a mostly useless middle man when it comes to vehicle sales, so they spend big $$ to keep their cut.